12 February 2010

Perfect Scrambled Eggs

I have tried multiple versions of scrambled eggs.  Most people seem to use just non-stick cooking spray and eggs, which makes for a bland set of eggs.  I recently remembered that the last time I made great scrambled eggs I was a boy scout (this was before I flunked out due to my lack of outdoors skills).  The secret ingredient then, and always shall be, milk.  Knowing this, I began swamping my eggs then cooking them too long to cook off the milk.  They tasted great but they were too soupy for me.  Julia Child inspired this, my perfect scrambled egg recipe.

Non-stick cooking spray
2 Tbsp butter (split)
4 eggs
2 tsp milk
salt
freshly-ground pepper

MAKES 2 SERVINGS
  1. Break eggs into small bowl.  Pour in milk. (Milk to egg ratio is 1/2 tsp milk to 1 egg.)  Add a dash of salt and 2 dashes of pepper.  Stir with a fork to break up the eggs and to combine ingredients.
  2. Spray skillet with non-stick cooking spray, and add 1 Tbsp butter.  Heat using medium-low heat.  When butter melts completely, add eggs.  Allow to cook without interference for about 1 1/2 minutes then break up constantly with a wooden spatula.  When eggs are no longer runny, add 1 Tbsp butter.  Stir in the butter until it melts and the eggs slow cooking.  Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment