14 March 2009

Second Week Home/Facebook Connection

Wow! What a week. I have managed to keep a child alive (and smiling!) under my care for the past 2 weeks. I am still on the job hunt and have had some activity there the past 2 weeks also. Lance is now officially 2 months old, and we are starting to notice a glow enter where only a glossy-eyed child once was. Lance is now aware of his surroundings, and he is beginning to smile when he hears Katie's or my voice.

Through Lance, I recognize how blessings just flow in daily. Last year, Katie and I decided to expand our family to allow our blessings to flow over to our child. However, this has become a 2-way street; we receive multiple blessings through Lance's presence in our lives.
However, our lives were much more simple prior to Lance's arrival. We slept 6-8 hours per night and napped once a week or so. We watched full TV programs without interruption. We could go to the store for a quick trip or to a restaurant to eat.
Things have changed. Now, we sleep 2-3 hours per night uninterrupted and naps are out of the question unless we can do a 30-minutes power nap. I have not watched a full TV show in 2 months, as Lance decides to cry about halfway through every episode of Chuck, The Office, 30 Rock, or anything else I decide to watch. Taking Lance to the store is unbearable at this time in his development. I, however, love the graded concrete in front of stores. It's a great way to awaken a sleeping baby when his car seat is placed on the cart.
All this said, I have realized that I do not miss any of this. Sleep is overrated, as are TV and shopping trips. We now look forward to week 3 staying at home with our son.
I have finally figured out how to link this blog to Facebook. I welcome all you new readers and hope that you can be entertained with this anecdotal blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment