15 July 2009

Laughing At The Dinner Table, or How I Made Lance Cry

Welcome back, Everyone. I am sorry for the long delay in posting. Here's how the past few months have gone.
  • 4 & 6 month visits A-OK.
  • Katie & I celebrated our 5-year anniversary with a ghost tour of our fair city.
  • Lance twirls his feet every time he sits -- too cute.
  • My job situation may be changing soon.
  • Lance can now put pacifier in by himself.
  • Lance now goes to bed 6 to 7 every night.
Now to tonight...
Katie put Lance to bed (per the usual routine) around 5:45, and she proceeded to make dinner. Lance woke up at 6:30 ready to play, so we gave in and put him in the swing while Katie cooked. I entertained him until dinner was done, at which time I moved his swing to the dining room. Lance is too cute when he sits, because he twirls his feet around in circular motions. I started singing to him, "Twirl to the left; Twirl to the right." As I sang this in a deep, silly voice; I stared at his feet as he twirled them all over the place.

I happened to glance at his eyes and got quite a shock. His bottom lip curled under and quivered, and his eyes quickly filled with tears. I felt horrible but amused at the same time. So I consoled Lance, and he calmed down.

Then, it was time for bed -- AGAIN. I reached down for Lance when he decided to grab his pacifier and place it in. This was cute and necessary for bedtime. I waited as he stalled putting the pacifier in. He is really good at it, so I can now tell when he is simply stalling. Instead of waiting for his stall tactic, I picked Lance up quickly to head to bed. He immediately dropped the pacifier, started crying, and extended his arm to his mother. What a sneaky little devil! As I type this, he is still screaming -- refusing to go to sleep. Our resolve is definitely greater than his, so cry he will under sleep he does.

No comments:

Post a Comment