05 February 2009

Happenings... An Update

There is a very good explanation for my lapse in blogging. I have had a very interesting couple of weeks, to say the least. Here goes...
I work for a super-regional bank headquartered in the midwest. On Monday, my boss's boss's boss met with me and gave me an official pink slip. I had to work 2 more weeks -- at which time I would be permanently laid off. Aweful but not so bad. Katie and I had planned for me to suspend my career in August so she could work and I could become a "domestic engineer." I will try to find work in the interim since the timing was so surprising, but I plan to stay home and work part time by August.

I do live in Kentucky... Land of bluegrass music, bar-b-que, and lots of ice. My wife and I welcomed in a son January 6. I was laid off January 26. We were homeless refugees January 28. We lost power around 4:30 a.m. Wednesday and moved across town to live with my sister-in-law and her family of 5. Add 2 adults and a screaming baby to the mix and you may just understand how things went. Katie's sister and very gracious to allow us into her home for such a long time. However, a grieving process was occurring, and we were trying to figure out what it meant to be new parents to Lance. What a week!
It is now Thursday. I have 2 more days of work with my bank. My layoff is not such a stress anymore. Lance is doing very well, as you can witness through the above photos. We moved back home on Tuesday. We have grieved together and apart. Lance will be 1 month old tomorrow. Katie will return to work when he is 7 weeks old. Ice is melted. Warm weather will be here this weekend. I will officially start my role as a stay-at-home dad on Tuesday when my wife and I will share the responsibility. Things are looking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment