22 January 2009

Changing and other fancies

Diaper changes are more hectic than I could ever have imagined. I feel like I am in the NASCAR pit changing diapers. 120 seconds to change a diaper? Let's try 100? You can do 90, I can do 60! However, imagine the car flailing all over the place. When you try to change a tire, the bumper keeps moving back and forth to prevent it. When you focus on one lug nut, the bumper finally remains still... covering the all important lug nut. All the while, the horn is honking frantically. I have never seen anything like this, but changing a diaper in 60 seconds is impossible, unless you wake him up ON the changing table. At this point, I digress.

Today was the first outing with our 16-day-old. We used to be the boring couple... the teacher and banker who lived in a boring stretch and enjoyed tea, books, knitting, and TV. Now, we just happen to be the boring couple who carries in the cute baby everybody loves. It was a fun venture, and Lance played the role quite well. He slept during tonight's entire event and went crazy just in time for our exit. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment