08 January 2009

The Journey Begins

I do not like babies. Did I say that clearly enough? Once a child reaches about 12 months, I can deal with him. However, babies are no fun. They lack many skills which make life doable.

However, my child is different. I have heard that multiple times, and I now understand it. Last night I held Lance Mitchell in my arms. He was finished eating around 11:15 p.m., and I got to jump in to allow Katie to sleep. I leaned back at a 40 degree angle and allowed Lance to rest on my chest. He slept. And he slept. And he slept. My child... The offspring of the Love my wife and I share... He slept in my arms! What an amazing experience.

I have visited many new parents in hospitals, and I have never connected with the new children. I am what is known as a "stranger." However, my son, my first born, my child trusts me completely. This is the third day he has known me. I'm sure I'm familiar to him from prior to day zero. I was the first to hold Lance after the nurses. I watched them bathe my child. I love this child. As I write Katie is barely awake watching forgettable TLC as Lance rests in the nook of her arm, completely content.

A Verse:
Colossians 2:7-8 [NASB]
And now, just as you accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, you must continue to follow him. Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment