01 January 2009

The Waiting, or Observation Two

The waiting has begun. The waiting has continued. The waiting has not ended. We are now at 39 weeks, 6 days. We missed out on 2008. Unfortunately, Lance is not math-minded just yet. I could not stress enough the tax deduction and the savings in insurance money by his earlier arrival. That chance is gone; new opportunities will arrive. Lance will remain a blessing. I had requested the final week of 2008 off work in case we went into labor, and soon discovered that all play and not work makes Jack bored as can be. I haven't been sleeping so well either. It's agonizing to wait for a moment when you do not know what to expect or when to expect it.


An aside:
2009 is here. I expect it to jumpstart with a bang, but I'm not as anxious to know when as I once was. I resolute (if that is a word) to give up soft drinks -- or to cut back to fewer than 3 cans (12 oz or 24 oz -- I haven't decided) a week (day, hour, or minute -- they all work). That's the trouble with New Years Resolutions. I figure that making resolutions is really just setting oneself up for failure. We shall see.

A verse: Psalm 33: 1-5 (NASB)
Let the godly sing for joy to the Lord;
it is fitting for the pure to praise him.
Praise the Lord with melodies on the lyre;
make music for him on the ten-stringed harp.
Sing a new song of pairse to him;
play skillfully on the harp, and sing with joy.
For the word of the Lord holds true,
and we can trust everything he does.
He loves whatever is just and good;
the unfaiing love of the Lord fills the earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment